PSYC 3050 Chapter : Chapter 1

9 views4 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Industrial psych associated with job analysis, training, selection, and. Definition application of psychological principles and theories to the workplace. Learning & memory, sensation & perception, etc and applying it to business. Layman"s terms: the study of how people get along with each other at work and are able to do their jobs effectively how to select and motivate employees in the workplace. Organizational psyc deals with motivation, work attitudes, leadership, and organizational development (transform or effect change in an organization). Softer, more esoteric areas like motivation an leadership. Society for industrial and organizational psychology (siop) is the professional association with which i/o psychologists affiliate www. siop. org. Training approach uses the scientist-practitioner model i/o psychologists are obth generators and consumers of knowledge (research and application of research & technology) (journal of applied psychology many articles for. Competencies skills, abilities, and capabilities that allow people to effectively perform functions. What do i/o psychologists do? careers emphasize science and research or practice.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers