PSYC 3082 Chapter : Abnormal Psychology

7 views23 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter 1: abnormal behavior in historical context1/19/2012 2:21: It is a 1) psychological dysfunction within an individual is associated with 2) distress or impairment in functioning and 3)a response that is not typical or culturally expected. Psychological dysfunction refers to a breakdown in cognitive, emotional, or behavioral functioning. Mental health professionals: the ph. d. "s: clinical and counseling psychologists, the psy. d. "s clinical and counseling doctors of psychology , m. d. "s: psychiatrists, m. s. w. "s: psychiatric and non-psychiatric social workers, mn/msn"s: psychiatric nurses, united by the scientist-practitioner framework. The scientist-practitioner: producers of research, consumers of research, evaluators of their work using empirical methods. Clinical description: begins with the presenting problem: what i come to you and say what i feel is wrong with me. (cheap complaint) ex. Major psychological disorders have existed: in all cultures, across all time periods. The causes and treatment of abnormal behavior varied widely: across cultures, across time periods, as particularly as a function of prevailing paradigms or world views.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers