Chapter 2 Vocab
• Uniform Crime Reporting Program (UCR):Astatistical reporting program run by the FBI's
Criminal Justice information services division. The UCR publishes crime in the United
States, which provides an annual summation of the incidence and rate of reported crimes
in the US.
• Bureau of Just Statistics (BJS):AUS departments of justice agency responsible for the
collection of criminal justice data, including theAnnual National Crime Victimization
• Violent Crime: Includes murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.
• Property Crime: Includes burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson.
• Clearance Rate:A measure of investigative effectiveness that compares the number of crimes
reported or discovered to the number of crimes solved through arrest or other means.
• Dark Figure of Crime: Crime that is not reported to the police and that remains unknown to
• Corporate Crime:Aviolation of a criminal statute by a corporate entity or by its executives,
employees, or agents acting on behalf of and for the benefit of the corporation,
partnership, or other form of business entity.
• White-collar Crime: Violations of the criminal law committed