ECON 1116 Chapter Notes - Chapter 18: Monopsony, Opportunity Cost, Marginal Product

57 views5 pages

Document Summary

The firm is perfectly competitive in the market for apples, price taker f. ii. No market power in the market for labor f. ii. 1. Wage rate is provided: everything else stays fixed, graph, marginal productivity of labor (mpl) Increase in amount of output from one additional unit of labor a. i. a. ii. As you increase input (# of workers) output increases. Marginal product of input * market price of output a. ii. The sixth worker increases production from 100 to 120 a. iv. Worker"s marginal productivity of labor is 120-100 = 20 a. v. Individual labor demand curve a. i. equal to value of marginal productivity a. ii. Downward sloping due to the law of diminishing marginal productivity a. iii. Optimal quantity produced where wage rate = demand curve: market labor demand curve b. i. Sum of individual firm"s demand curve: movement along demand curve is caused by a change in price (wage) c. i. Wage decreases firm hires more workers c. ii. Wage increases firm hires less workers: shifts d. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers