PSYC 334 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Physical Attractiveness, Balance Theory

25 views3 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 3- attraction: the fundamental basis of attraction, attracted to people whose presence is rewarding to us, two rewards types: direct (from interaction) and indirect (unaware) i) ii) iii) Indirect: dennis like denver and denise because of shared first letter. Women like arrogant, masculine men when ovulating i) ii) iii) Slimmer women less attractive in areas where food is scarce. Slenderness became more attractive as us prosperity rose. People with insecure attachment styles are nervous on first impression. Secure style is more attractive ae) matching: pattern of partners in established relationships have similar levels of physical attractiveness i) More serious, more obvious the matching is: reciprocity: liking those who like us, formula determines realistic interest in others and likelihood that we will try to start a relationship with them. A potential = his /her x his / her probability. Squeeze in cubicle with attractive woman to watch movie. Value: similarity of beliefs and attitudes, what you like to do.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers