POL 204 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Social Mobility, Homo Economicus, New Institutionalism

56 views5 pages

Document Summary

Power- based on relationships with citizens and other states h. iv. 1. Charisma person to get away with things he wouldn"t be able to do otherwise. Includes any institution who constitution h. vi. 1. h. vi. 2. h. vi. 3. h. vi. 4. Broad definition that primarily refers to political territory. Walzer: the state is invisible; it must be personified before it can be seen, symbolized before it can be loved, imagined before it can be conceived. The rise of the modern state and state formation: welfare and state formation: a. i. Emergence of new technology and its military influence a. i. 1. Pressure to have better weapons which leads to a. i. 3. Formation of an organized militia in order to a. i. 4. Simplification and improvement of tax collection in order to a. i. 5. Expansion of state agencies based on the rationalization of tax revenue and collection a. ii. External factors force central bureaucracy for survival a. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers