BIO 111 Chapter Notes - Chapter 29: Extracellular Fluid, Blood Plasma, Homeostasis

24 views3 pages
10 Aug 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

29. 1 animals eat to obtain energy and chemical building blocks. Heterotrophs organisms that require pre-formed organic molecules as food, eat organic material. Autotrophs organisms that can form their own organic molecules from inorganic precursors. Animals need chemical building blocks to grow, repair cells, and to replace chemical constituent throughout life. Animals need inputs of chemical-bond energy to maintain their organized state throughout life: energy the capacity to create or a=maintain organization, essential to do work. 29. 2 a(cid:374) a(cid:374)i(cid:373)al"s e(cid:374)ergy needs depe(cid:374)d o(cid:374) physical activity a(cid:374)d body size. 29. 3 metabolic rates are affected by homeostasis and by regulation and conformity. Tissue fluids (interstitial fluids) body fluids that (cid:271)ath the (cid:272)ells i(cid:374)side a(cid:374) a(cid:374)i(cid:373)al"s (cid:271)ody, also sometimes called the internal environment. External environment the outside world beyond the organism. Animals are classed as regulators and conformers: regulators animals that maintain a constant internal conditions even if the external conditions changes, conformers animals that change their internal conditions to match their external conditions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers