HSA 4180 Chapter Notes - Chapter 9: Rensis Likert, Leadership Studies

13 views2 pages

Document Summary

Examines leadership behavior (sometimes called leadership style) and how it influences leadership effectiveness. Rather than study the traits and skill a leader has this theory looks at what a leader does: how she behaves or how he conducts himself. Ohio tate u(cid:374)i(cid:448)ersity"s leadership studies dire(cid:272)ted (cid:271)y ralph togdill i(cid:374) 1947 helped de(cid:448)elop behavior theory: this research has examined two dimensions of leader behavior: The leader considers followers (workers) and their concerns. The leader initiates action, work, and tasks to complete jobs and achieve goals: leaders (cid:449)ere rated as (cid:862)high(cid:863) or (cid:862)lo(cid:449)(cid:863) i(cid:374) ea(cid:272)h of these di(cid:373)e(cid:374)sio(cid:374)s, (cid:449)hi(cid:272)h (cid:272)reated four types of leaders: Behavior theory was further developed by rensis likert at the university of michigan: leaders were rated low or high on job-centered behavior. Behavior that was concerned about work, jobs, and goals: they were also rated low or high on employee-centered behavior.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers