HIST 1378 Chapter Notes - Chapter 19: William Jennings Bryan, William Randolph Hearst, Joseph Pulitzer

209 views5 pages

Document Summary

In the late nineteenth century, americans were cognizant of the fact that imperialist fever was raging through europe. In the 1880s, farmers produced one of the most powerful movements of political protest in american history, a movement that came to be known as populism. Conducting foreign policy, delivering the mail, and maintaining a military. Some anti-imperialists in the u. s senate opposed the acquisition of the philippines. Whi(cid:272)h regio(cid:374)s of the (cid:272)ou(cid:374)tr(cid:455) (cid:449)ere pri(cid:374)(cid:272)ipall(cid:455) i(cid:374)(cid:448)ol(cid:448)ed i(cid:374) the (cid:272)reatio(cid:374) of the people"s. From the 1860s to the early 1900s, the u. s. government paid pensions to retired union. What was the most likely cause of the explosion that sank the battleship maine in. The populist program was stated most clearly in the omaha platform of 1892. He supported civil service reform and he kept (cid:373)ost of garfield"s appoi(cid:374)tees i(cid:374) office. Some scholars believed that strong nations dominating weak ones was in accordance with the laws of nature.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers