ENG 101 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Dan Koeppel, Rhizome, Institute Of Historical Research

16 views2 pages
Evangelena Pitt
January 9, 2017
Mrs. Fangundus
English 112
Historical Research: Banana: The Fate of the Fruit that Changed the World
In the novel, Banana: The Fate of the Fruit That Changed the World by Dan Koeppel, this novel
has captivated me of the importance of the realization of the history of bananas. The use of one
of the most eaten fruits that people eat today is one of the least known ones out there and there
is a disadvantage of this extraordinary fruit today. Bananas have been around for ages. More
than five hundred years ago, the Portuguese discovered bananas in Africa (Ancona). They are
the most common fruit out here in the world and will continue to be. Bananas are a great crunch
hunger but they are also on the least expensive side as well. However, for millions of people in
the worlds poorer regions bananas and plantains are a starchy staple of major (and in parts of
Africa paramount) importance (Ancona). Thus, while many people look at bananas as food
accessories they have kept many people alive and continue to. As the small island economies
have relied on their main crop of bananas since the middle of the twentieth-century fair trade is a
local survival strategy (Torgerson 475-476). What has come to my interest in banana production
is The plant grows from a bulb called rhizome, and it is a perennial, which means it grows from
the same rhizome year after year (N. S. Price). Although bananas have been around over a
period of thousands of years, I have come to the conclusion that bananas are the most special
fruits out here in this world that has an amazing history. This fruits history is just as amazing as
the fruit itself and it will change the way I eat bananas today.
Work Cited
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Historical research: banana: the fate of the fruit that changed the world. In the novel, banana: the fate of the fruit that changed the world by dan koeppel, this novel has captivated me of the importance of the realization of the history of bananas. The use of one of the most eaten fruits that people eat today is one of the least known one"s out there and there is a disadvantage of this extraordinary fruit today. More than five hundred years ago, the portuguese discovered bananas in africa (ancona). They are the most common fruit out here in the world and will continue to be. Bananas are a great crunch hunger but they are also on the least expensive side as well. However, for millions of people in the world"s poorer regions bananas and plantains are a starchy staple of major (and in parts of.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers