PSCI 1024 Chapter Notes - Chapter Review: Guardian Council, Authoritarianism, Universal Health Care

52 views6 pages

Document Summary

Explain why people participate politically in authoritarian regimes. (e) explain why authoritarian regimes allow certain forms of political participation. (f) explain why democratic regimes restrict certain forms of political participation. Explain how this formal constraint affects the level of democracy in. Council, must be muslims (except religious minority districts). (c) both make laws, approve budgets, impeach the president, etc. (d) i- legislation must be approved by the guardian council and must conform to islam and shari"a law, power over the. Page 1 of 6 (a) greater corruption in china and less in great britain. (b) less political freedom in china and more in great. Quangos. iii- greater support for third parties, liberal democrats voted out of office, social movement activities (i. e. protests and demonstrations). i- the supreme leader chooses of the guardian council members; head of judiciary nominates of the guardian. Council; the majlis approve the judicial nominees. ii- vetting candidates, monitoring the elections, vetoing.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers