PSY4111 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Electrodermal Activity, Autonomic Nervous System

49 views3 pages

Document Summary

Consists of neural circuits, response systems, and a feeling state/process that motivates and organises cognition and action. Also provides information, and may include antecedent cognitive appraisals and ongoing cognition including an interpretation of its feeling state, expressions or social communicative signals , may motivate approach or avoidant behaviour, and be social or relational. A psychological state can involve changes in physiological arousal, conscious experience, motivation and behavioural expression. Psychological arousal autonomic nervous system, sympathetic nervous system arouses, High arousal emotions fear, anger, joy, desire. Low arousal emotions contentment, calm, sadness, boredom. James lange theory stimulus physiological arousal emotion, body responds to the e(cid:374)viro(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t, i(cid:374)dividual"s perceptio(cid:374) of these respo(cid:374)ses is e(cid:373)otio(cid:374)al feeli(cid:374)g. James we are sorry because we cry, aka the body response elicits the emotion. Responses are too slow to cause feeling. Artificial inducement of arousal does not cause feeling. Autonomic nervous system sympathetic and parasympathetic. Body"s role less i(cid:373)porta(cid:374)t tha(cid:374) i(cid:374) james-lange theory.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers