HUBS1403 Lecture 12: Week 7 Notes

34 views9 pages

Document Summary

I(cid:374) ge(cid:374)eral (cid:272)ells (cid:373)ust (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)i(cid:272)ate or (cid:858)talk(cid:859) with ea(cid:272)h other for three (cid:373)ai(cid:374) reaso(cid:374)s: Coordination in a multicellular organism: maintain the body in a state of homeostasis, bring about coordinated changes in body physiology. Directly into the interstitial fluid; diffuse into the blood stream via capillaries and are carried to target cells throughout the body. Act on the same cell that secretes them. The catecholamine include adrenaline (epinephrine), noradrenaline and dopamine. Adrenaline and noradrenaline are secreted by the adrenal medulla. The thyroid hormones are are thyroxine (t4) and triiodothyronine (t3). Both hormones are secreted by the thyroid gland. Follicle stimulating hormone (fsh) two peptide subunits with carbohydrate groups attached (i. e. glycosylated) Derived from arachidonic acid and include the prostaglandins lipid-soluble. Lipid-soluble hormones steroid hormones, thyroid hormones, nitric oxide circulate bound to transport proteins. Water-soluble hormones amine hormones, peptide and protein hormones, eicosanoid hormones circulate freely in the plasma. Responses vary depending on the hormone itself and the target cell.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers