COMM 2102 Lecture 9: COMM 2100 _ Lecture 9.docx

16 views5 pages

Document Summary

Space and time bias technologies: unhealthy societies are more heavily bias one way than the other, differences between the two: notes, mcluhan, perceptual, transition of orality to literacy and literacy to electrical produces perceptual transformation. People going where they never have gone: satellites before, perceptual (cid:224) things we don"t think are media, actually are because it extends the senses, electronic media effects our ecology. Language has two different components: arbitrary figures, characters such as a (semantics, system of arbitrary figures, rules that determine how a language will be used, he suggests that all languages have the same rules (grammar, syntax) Concludes: human internalize rules of language and then utter them, quote drawing upon those internal rules, collective groups of people decide on rules of language and them we internalize those rules and then when i speak i am speaking originally i am simply trying on a system of meaning decided by the collective.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers