PSYC 2001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Harry Harlow, Sukha, Empiricism

47 views4 pages

Document Summary

Write up their results and present them at research meetings. To be a producer of research in psychology course: Research consumers are (psyc students) who don"t want to work in a lab, but enjoy reading about research. They become (i. e. social workers, teachers, therapists, entrepreneurs, counselors) Read studies published by psychologists in scientific journals. Develop the ability to read about research with curiosity. Know how to interpret published research with a critical eye. Know how to ask the right questions, determine answers, evaluate a study on the basis of those answers. Save time + money to learn therapies/methods supported by empirical evidence. Even if you don"t work in the psyc field, you can still benefit from psych research (i. e. teaching) Empiricists aim to be systematic, rigorous, and make their work verifiable by other scientist. Empiricism : uses evidence from senses (sight/hear/touch) or tools that assist senses (i. e thermometers, photos) 1. scientists act as empiricists as the basis for conclusions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers