POLI 205 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: International Atomic Energy Agency, Treaty On The Non-Proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons, Falklands War

67 views9 pages

Document Summary

Relatively small groups can be more effective at cooperating to further common interests than large groups: key domestic actors in foreign policy: 1) leaders. 4) general public: bureaucracy: collection of organizations including the military, the diplomatic corps, and the intelligence agencies, that carry out most tasks of governance within the state. Ju(cid:374)ta(cid:859)s defeat i(cid:374) the falkla(cid:374)d (cid:449)a(cid:396), p(cid:396)otesto(cid:396)s i(cid:374) argentina caused the junta to be kicked out of government: military-industrial complex: an alliance between military leaders and the industries that benefit from international conflict, such as arms manufacturers. Hawkish domestic interests do not lead directly to the breakdown of bargaining, but they do create more opportunities for such failures to occur: 3 reasons why we need to think carefully about interest-group explanations for wars, evidence. Just (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause halli(cid:271)u(cid:396)to(cid:374) (cid:271)e(cid:374)efitted f(cid:396)o(cid:373) the i(cid:396)a(cid:395) (cid:449)a(cid:396), does(cid:374)(cid:859)t (cid:373)ea(cid:374) that the company automatically lobbied for the invasion: there are many groups pushing into many directions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers