PSYC 440 Lecture 6: Lecture 6 - Early Life Adversity and Behavioral Genetics

55 views3 pages

Document Summary

Passive vs. evocative gene-environment correlation: the difference: Active gene-environment correlation is choosing an environment that matches your genotype. Evocative gene-environment correlation is the gene that influences the individual: exercise, scenario: Study with children with anxiety disorders: carriers of the s allele of the 5-httlpr serotonin transporter gene responded better to cbt, summary: Lecture 6 early life adversity and behavioral genetics. The sound (environment) you get form your piano (gene) depends on how you play it (epigenetics): epigenetics, evidence from, twin studies: Genetically identical twins (same dna sequence) have differences in epigenetic processes (e. g. , dna methylations): Increase with age: dna methylation (i. e. part of the epigenetic system): Depressive symptoms have been linked to methylation in the genes regulating hpa axis (i. e. stress system) and serotonin system. Associated with altered methylation in stress-related genes in the placenta (i. e. stress even before birth can have an effect on the child). Procedure: anxiety disorder patients had 6-8 weeks of cbt.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers