PSYC 455 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Acetyl-Coa, Chemical Synapse, Neuromuscular Junction

51 views3 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 8 neurotransmitters: last class, cell clarifications, diffusional and electrostatic forces are forcing na+ in & out and k+ out & in: They found this with recorded miniature end plate potentials (mepps): As they were measuring these, they noticed the mepps were quantal (i. e. varied in size; either one that size, twice that size, but never something like one and a half times that size): Choline is also available as a dietary pill known as le(cid:272)ithi(cid:374) ((cid:862)(cid:271)rai(cid:374) (cid:271)ooster(cid:863) but we get more than enough ach from our diet; it"s like aski(cid:374)g (cid:862)(cid:449)ill our (cid:272)ar go faster with a full or half tank(cid:863)): Pregnant women taking lecithin might improve the memory of the baby (rats; rat study): regulation of synthesis: Reversible reaction of ach is subject to: Product inhibition (i. e. the more ach present in the presynaptic terminal, the less of it that will be made). Component availability (i. e. you ca(cid:374)"t (cid:373)ake ach if you do(cid:374)"t ha(cid:448)e (cid:272)holi(cid:374)e or.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers