Biology
Course
BIOL 1175
Professor
C.Stewart
Semester
Winter

Description
Reinforcement theory: Byrne’s law Our attraction to another person is proportionate to the number of reinforcements that persons give us reinforcements plus punishments the person gives us Gottman’s 5:1 ratio  Aspects of wedded life often considered critical to long-term success (i.e. how intensely people fight; whether they face conflict or avoid it; how well they solve problems; how compatible they are socially, financially, even sexually) are less important than people tend to think  “Fighting can be healthy”  The longer you are with someone there are less positive interactions (e.g. walking at the park)  5 good things to 1 bad thing is okay Gottman’s 3 styles of relationships 1. Volatile: bitter fights, but intense make up, tend to be more romantic compared to the other two 2. Validating: perfect marriage, sit and listen to each other, “I feel” and “I think” 3. Avoidant avoid the issue How do
More Less

Related notes for BIOL 1175

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit