CRIM 1125 Lecture Notes - Family Values
2 pages64 viewsFall 2012
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Walter Reckless’ Containment Theory
• Inner containment = self control, good self-image, ability to
• Outer containment = family values, institutional reinforcement,
• Internal pushes = restless, impatience and anger
• External pulls = poverty, unemployment, the media, or delinquent
Travis Hirschi’s Social Bond Theory
• Attachment = tied of affection and respect, with parents, school
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version
Loved by over 2.2 million students
Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.