MGTS-312 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Type I And Type Ii Errors, Null Hypothesis, Confidence Interval

107 views12 pages

Document Summary

Must read the textbook and powerpoint summary before start the practice questions. In chapter 9, we are not interested in estimating the value of a parameter but rather are interested in testing whether the statement about the value of a population parameter should or should not be rejected. The goal of hypothesis testing is to determine the likelihood that a population parameter, such as the mean, is likely to be true. Let"s exa(cid:373)i(cid:374)e the follo(cid:449)i(cid:374)g state(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts a(cid:271)out populatio(cid:374) (cid:373)ea(cid:374)s: The director of a state agency believes that the average starting salary for clerical employees in the state is less than ,000 per year. An industrial company claims that the mean ph level of the water in a nearby river is 6. 8. Building specifications in edmonton require that the average breaking strength of residential sewer pipe be more than 2,500 pounds per linear foot. Manufacturers selling pipes in edmonton claim that their product meets the specifications.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers