BIOL 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Conceptual History, Notochord, Monera

17 views4 pages

Document Summary

Biodiversity: e(cid:448)e(cid:374) i(cid:374) (cid:272)li(cid:374)i(cid:272)al studies, there is (cid:373)ore (cid:862)(cid:374)o(cid:374)-us i(cid:374) us(cid:863) (cid:894)(cid:271)a(cid:272)teria, (cid:374)o(cid:374)-human life) Tree of life: total number of species around us is probably in 2 billions when you consider bacteria, archaea, etc, tree of life is not only a micro-evolutionary process, took billions of years to get here. Synonymous changes = mutations caused by genes selective environment. Mutated genomes are carried forward because they survive better in the environment. Mesoevolution: within a species, or within a population (ants, parallel evolutions within populations genetic or phenotypic level, repeated transitions from micro to meso produces convergence, they may also trigger adaptive radiations. In some ways it is, and in other ways it is absolutely not. See didacus valades, rhetorica christriana: aristotelian linear hierarchy of souls, drew first diagram that resembles a phylogeny. Evolution was the term used for development william harvey (1651: epigenesis organismal development as the successive differentiation (addition) of structures. School in jena (germany): beginning of microscope industry.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers