Final Integrative Paper
Draft due: Thursday, April 2 (Peer Editing)
Final paper due: Thursday, April 9
• Length: 4 pages, double-spaced, 12 point font
• Citations: Please cite any secondary sources, including Five Days at Memorial and your
selected article, using MLA parenthetical citation, and provide a Works Cited list.
• Your final analytical paper will require considerable thought and creativity. Your guidelines
are quite open, a condition that will force you to adopt a position of authority regarding the
concerns we have addressed in the class.
• Using Five Days at Memorial and one additional article assigned during the term discuss the
relationship between the content an author communicates and the manner in which he or
she chooses to communicate it. In other words, using these texts as evidence, discuss how
an author’s rhetorical decisions affect the manner in which the audience receives her work.
• Although you will not have enough space to discuss the whole book, you should be able to
assimilate the primary concerns of Five Days at Memorial well enough to discuss its