- he wishes that they'd be warned, and they are warned
- it's almost as if Milton said "oh, if only they had some foreknowledge!" and then decided that that
might be a good idea
- why does the narrator stress "erect?" - we're looking straight rather than down to the ground
- why isn't the tree of knowledge described?
- describe Adam and Eve last, then Satan speaks (he's jealous), then Adam (he kind of recaps what we've
- Eve then talks about her creation : Satan doesn't remember his, he's very confused
- Raphael tells a story and Adam tells a story. which story in genesis do they line up with?
- Hobbes: "people living in the state of nature" -> people have a natural state of war, distrust and anger
- Hobbes constantly quotes the