POLI 212 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Occupy Movement, Berlin Wall, Anti-Globalization Movement

44 views2 pages

Document Summary

Political parties v interest groups: political parties: Social movements directly translate into political parties: e. g. Environment: changed from local needs to broader, global goals, aligned with peace and anti-nuclear, based on post-material values, largely succeeded in changing overall political views. Peace/anti-nuclear/anti-everything: allied with environmental movement but can distinguish different policy goals and different outcomes, begins with opposition to vietnam war and nuclear testing, argued for dissociation with cold war, morphed i(cid:374)to (cid:272)o(cid:374)(cid:272)er(cid:374)s regardi(cid:374)g the (cid:862)third world(cid:863) Anti-globalization and anarchists: new life after fall of berlin wall in opposition to conflicts in yugoslavia, iraq, and. Women: from suffragettes to much broader equality, fast i(cid:374)(cid:272)rease i(cid:374) wo(cid:373)e(cid:374)"s workfor(cid:272)e parti(cid:272)ipatio(cid:374) (cid:373)at(cid:272)hed (cid:271)y slow i(cid:374)(cid:272)rease i(cid:374) positions of power. Europe saw more rapid progress than usa. Lgbtq rights: part of the civil rights movement, tackled the hiv-aids crisis. Aids known as a gay disease until it was actually understood: equality before the law.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers