POLI 341 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Jalal Talabani, Islamic Dawa Party, Abu Ghraib Torture And Prisoner Abuse

50 views5 pages

Document Summary

Israeli security: security/terrorism the 21st century, liberal democracy, a focus on spreading democracy and liberal values, not too different from containing communism but the framing of it in the last. Some of these have shifted over time (i. e. iran relationship strong until 1979) Israel, saudi arabia and egypt and jordan: leverage/pressure, intervention. Us puts political pressure on different states/state-like groups. Direct intervention in the affairs of a state (i. e. in direct troops, supplying opposing groups, sanctions: diplomatic, formal relations. Some states where us doesn"t have foreign relations (i. e. iran) this does affect the ability to make formal contact or make an impact when they do not agree on a policy (i. e withdrawing ambassadors from. Usually mid- to mid-high level people in the government that are negotiating i. e. shuttle diplomacy (i. e. negotiating i. e. shuttle diplomacy (i. e. us between egypt and israel: un votes, public diplomacy.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers