PSYC 328 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Health Belief Model, Hpv Vaccines, Individualism

16 views3 pages

Document Summary

Beliefs: behavioural beliefs, normative beliefs, control beliefs intention behaviour. Gap between intention and behaviour in health belief model so tpb clarifies a bit more. Person a) beliefs about outcome=positive (going to gym will improve their. Support for tpb think of me) person a is likely to go to the gym. Limitation: still doesn"t talk about long term behaviour change and still doesn"t address intention-behaviour gap. Hbm predicts vaccine uptake for hpv beliefs are important b/c new thing. Summary: these early models are good when motivation plays a big role in. So useful to explain how things like hpv vaccine rates change deciding whether or not the person does something. Gap between intentions and belief (in tpb they state that you need to believe performance you can do it but not further) Contingency format: when person encounters cue that was formally attached. When/then statements: when i do this i will do that conditioned mindless.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers