PSYC 332 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Narcissism, Snapchat, Interpersonal Circumplex

18 views4 pages

Document Summary

Agreeable, moderate on extraversion but does not describe him fully. Low agreeableness (insensitivity to social norms), but does not describe him fully. Non-conditional: the big 5"s strength becomes a weakness. Applicable to all people, comparative and non-conditional. My dominance shows when my competence is threatened . I fall apart when people try to comfort me . I talk most when i am anxious . When people describe themselves they usually give conditional descriptions it and that"s what captures the essence of their personality. I behave awkwardly when i"m near a girl i admire- especially if she has red hair . I become very anxious when my favourite blanket is misplaced or stolen . I lose all sense of time and place when i am playing beethoven . Why do neurotic people have worse marriages? . Trait theory is non-descriptive, only outlines they way you are, but does not give answers to why one is the way they are.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers