Psychology
Course
PSYC 473
Professor
Mark Baldwin
Semester
Winter

Description
Social cognitive topic: accessibility ->activation: the moment a representation of something becomes meaningful -mind tends to “go down the same path” ->creating activation out of accessibility? ACTIVATION: ->availability: is the construct in memory? ->applicability: feature overlap of stimuli (including salience effects) ->accessibility: action potential; activation potential of stored knowledge , once it becomes activated it alters our expectations – whether it gets activated relies upon: i.) chronic accessibility: is it generally accessible, does it fit with the construct being used to navigate daily life? ->study: write characteristics of someone you like, someone you don’t like, someone you encounter often ->assess “dimensions” subject used to describe these people – any trait that was mentioned a lot was thought to be a chronic trait dimension ->given stories to read about -more likely to be influenced by the chronically accessible trait dimensions (in story interpretations?) ->study #2: assessed chronic accessibility: through descriptions of others (again) ->stroop task; with trait words ->traits I colors (had to state the colors of the ink and not read the words) ->measure how long it took to state the color of ink on each trial ->on words that were prev
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 473

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit