PSYC 473 Lecture Notes - Diederik Stapel, Social Cognition, Attachment In Adults

75 views8 pages

Document Summary

Symposium this friday regarding achievement around 3pm. In 2011, confessed to faking and manipulating data in 30 or more publications. Slide 3: which of the following best describes your feelings in your relationships, in general: i find it relatively easy to get close to others and am comfortable depending on them. I am nervous when anyone gets too close, and often, love partners want me to be more intimate than i feel comfortable being: i find that others are reluctant to get as close as i would like. Bowlby"s attachment theory (1969: evolution has wired humans to seek closeness and, thereby, emotional security, we learn patterns of closeness, developing working models of how best to achieve closeness and emotional security. Bowlby: one of the earliest social cognitive theorists. Original work applying attachment theory to adults. Put it in the newspaper, valentine section, valentine"s day quiz: ask people to pick which one describes them; ask other questions as well.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers