PART TWO - Tuesday, October 23, 2012
What is Sexual Normalcy?
Deviance – recognized violation of social norms
To talk about sexual deviance, must outline the norms about normal sexuality.
- With one adult human being
- Someone of a similar age
- Outside family
- Somewhat frequent
- Not too many partners
- Not as stigmatized to hook up before dating
- Gender dichotomy: sluts versus studs, female passivity
- Virgin versus whore
- Starting age, not too young but not too old.
- Assumption that everyone is having sex
- Something you do in private; don’t tell everyone
- Threesome would be a risqué, one-time thing
- Virginity is the new sexual deviancy; experience is assumed at certain ages