Exam Question Assignment - due Monday April 1
- To be submitted in lecture
- Submit 5 essay questions to be potentially included in the exam. Each question should be suitable for a
one hour essay
- No need to defend or explain the value of your questions, which should in any case be self-evident
- Aim for variety of genre, approach, subject matter, theme
- Try to avoid the questions you could imagine everyone else is asking
1) Compare and contrast questions
a. Compare authors, forms, themes, styles, images, metaphors
b. Significance if similarities and difference and the degree to which they reveal distinctive qualities
of the writer
2) Relevance questions
(The part that stands for the whole)
What part of the whole? A scene, image, metaphor, character, event, etc.
What whole for the part? The work as a whole, etc.
3) Questions based on a critical c