Nations are formed through genealogies; past lineages form identity.
Yayoi Period (types of pottery) brings the agricultural period, mostly rice paddies.
• Indicates the age of bronze and iron tools
• Starts migration and trade with China and Korea
• Social structure of Japan starts (rich vs. poor)
kami (gods) indicated a deity within small towns.
Yamato clan emerges as a dominating power by beating other clans.
• The defeated clans are incorporated into the Yamato clan, along with their structure and
legends, and they take leading roles in the new clan.
• Stories trace the time of the gods (kami) to the Yamato clan time period.
A document of history indicates the history of the nation.
• Establishes the Yamato clan as the leader, and incorporating other clans into one clan
• Documents to bring when trading with other nati