INBU 3301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Collectivism, Individualism, Assertiveness

38 views5 pages

Document Summary

Complex concept comprises values, attitudes, and behavioural assumptions of societies. For a culture to be useful in concepts like management and talk about aspects of culture. Focus on study of values and compare cultures according to these values. Even if english is now a main language, cultures are still different amongst people. Main frameworks of comparing cultures: kluckhohn-strodtbeck, hofstede dimensions ****focus on this one, swartz value survey, trompenaars"s dimensions, globe study ****focus on this one. The self-identity of members depends on individual and group characteristics. Individual: right of privacy, pick me, i , task prevails relationships, personal opinion expected, learning how to learn etc. Collectivism: we , stress on belonging, group work to make decisions, i is avoided, relationship prevails over task etc: uncertainty avoidance. Societies focus on ways to increase stability. The uncertainty inherit in life is accepted, low score = like taking risks, changing jobs no problem, dislike of rules etc. High score = don"t like taking risks.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers