ENGL 1110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Proofreading, Brainstorming, Free Writing

56 views3 pages

Document Summary

Organizing: put ideas into usable order. Drafting: write the first draft, elaborate on ideas. Editing: fix grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation. Proofreading: make corrections to the final copy. Audience: who you are writing for determines how you will write, keep audience in mind at all times when you are writing. Makes sure your style and tone are appropriate and content is suited to reader"s (cid:374)eeds: knowledge: Do i need to capture their interest myself: orientation: Ho(cid:449) (cid:449)ill (cid:373)y reader"s age/ge(cid:374)der/fa(cid:373)ily/positio(cid:374)/le(cid:448)el of education/income/job/politics/religion affect his/her reaction to my essay: reader/writer relationship: Purpose: you are always writing for a reason, this reason guides how you approach your topic and determines what you hope to achieve, need to decide what your goal is and the methods you will employ. If you are explaining, describing, comparing, offering a solution to problem, telling a story, etc: keep purpose in mind as you write to keep yourself on task and keep your writing focused.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers