HIST 242 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Oligopoly, Egalitarianism, Invisible Hand

30 views4 pages
16 Dec 2016
Department
Course

Document Summary

Paper: returning veterans from wwii and experiences finding work, what policies to help them government records about veterans, parliament speeches, books about veteran experiences. Birth of certain conception of canada rather tehn specific notion of canada. I(cid:373)age(cid:396)(cid:455) of the (cid:862)i(cid:374)dia(cid:374)(cid:863) used i(cid:374) ca(cid:374)ada, espe(cid:272)iall(cid:455) (cid:449)(cid:449)i a(cid:374)d (cid:449)(cid:449)ii to sho(cid:449) ca(cid:374)ada as tolerant and brave warrior society. Changes that happened within 10 years so important, because such turbulent time. Key person/concepts: antonio gramsci born in late 1800s, leader of italian communist party, jailed by. Like the concept of job-creators, here in canada and us a hegemonic argument. Happens when that group are no longer to portray own interests as everyone interests, for whatever reasons. Why: before wwi, lot of people were poor, few social systems in place, Wwi: made a few people a lot of money, but people came back to few opportunities, but 1920s were a relative time of increasing property and why image of them being roaring markets (stocks).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers