HIST 294 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Mikhail Gorbachev

32 views2 pages

Document Summary

Iran thought that the west was contaminating their own culture. 1978: established sharia state-ruled by islamic religious laws-only constitution of the state. Saudi arabia and the us were supplying sudan with weapons. Arab world was divided: pro-sudan and anti-sudan. 2nd guld war 1990-91 (iraqi invasion of kuwit. Iraq owed a significant portion of its debt to kuwait. The us led the charge to liberate kuwait. Double containment of iraq and iran after the war. Some arab countries joined the us-led coalition, including syria and egypt. For sudan started to launch missiles from iraq territory into israel (sudan is a he) Us proved its was the one who restores stability in the me. Arab states the sided with us had some conditions. Said we will ally in the war but you have to tell israel to put an end to the arab israeli conflict. The gor(cid:271)a(cid:272)he(cid:448) ad(cid:373)i(cid:374)istratio(cid:374) stopped supporti(cid:374)g syria"s relia(cid:374)(cid:272)e o(cid:374) (cid:373)ilitary for(cid:272)e i(cid:374) settling.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers