HIST 314 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Victorian Morality

15 views1 pages

Document Summary

Just think about two or three things from each article that you found interesting, wish to talk about, liked, disliked. I thought we might have a little more collective energy if you all thinking explicitly about working with and from your presenting colleagues. Their ideas (and yours) are probably a little more thought-inspiring than mine. Having said this i do have this week"s edition of jeff"s primer sheet in this case, a very simple list of simple/overviewish questions about simple/overviewish issues/themes/whatevers. In this seminar i have talked generally/vaguely/glibly/imprecisely about traditional american values or, in other words, victorian morality. What, according to the readings you read this week and others we have read and discussed, are some of the distinguishing characteristics pertaining to sexuality, gender, and family of these. In what ways are these values challenged in the early years of the twentieth century. What did they do? (don"t be explicit we don"t need the details)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers