PSYC 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Habituation, Conditioned Taste Aversion, Classical Conditioning

9 views4 pages
salmonllama211 and 39398 others unlocked
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
65 documents

Document Summary

Genetics can explain some behaviors, not all (e. g choice to adopt out of compassion, learning fear) We have to construct world for ourselves = learning. More or less permanent change in behavior/behavioral potential resulting from experience. Stimulus to other stimulus, classical conditioning i. e. opening of potato chip bag. Behaviors to outcomes, operant conditioning i. e. pressing button on vending machine to get chips. Ivan pavlov: paradigm unconditioned stimulus, i. e food unconditioned response, i. e salivate decided to introduce neutral stimulus, (no prior knowledge) i. e bell which always perceives us, which leads to ur. i. e when bell rings, food is introduced. Neutral stimulus becomes conditioned stimulus conditioned response. Eat something and get sick, takes a very long time, connection is made, negative association. Conditioned stimulus: needle, nothing in evolutionary history indicates she should be scared of needle. Responses that produce something satisfying are something you"re more likely to do again. Responses that have a discomforting effect you will do less.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers