PSYC 241 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Terror Management Theory, Self Esteem (Song), Parenting Styles

14 views4 pages

Document Summary

Convenience: getting psyc 100 students to do surveys etc. Each study is a piece of the puzzle. All studies must receive clearance from the research ethics board associated with each institution and comply with policies regarding: Informed consent: should have a general idea of what they"re getting into. Debriefing, including a rationale for any deception. Our beliefs and feeling about ourselves influence the way we perceive, judge and behave toward others. The way that others behave toward us influences our beliefs and feelings toward others. Our attitudes and behaviour can change depending on the social context, particularly for those high (as opposed to low) in self-monitoring. A subset of our sense of self is most salient, or obvious, in particular social contexts. My behaviours is usually an expression of my true inner feelings, attitudes and beliefs (r) In different situations and with different people, i often act like very different persons.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers