PSYC 335 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Learned Helplessness, Limbic System, Stereotype Threat

43 views5 pages
4 Dec 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Seeing our futures through optimism, self-efficacy, & hope. Costs & benefits to future orientations run the risk of making your life too busy (must stop to smell roses & be mindful) There are 3 major future-oriented temporal perspectives in pos psych: self efficacy, optimism, hope. If i think i can , i will. Power of the belief that you can accomplish your goals. Self-efficacy: people"s beliefs in their capabilities to produce desired effects by their own actions. People examine what needs to be done in order to reach a desired goal (outcome expenctancies) , the person then analyzes their capacility to complete the necessary actions (efficacy expectancies) Situation-specific thoughts of self-efficacy are the last & most crucial cognitive step beforeppl launch goal-directed actions. Based on social cognitive theory (humans actively shape their lives rather than passively react to their environment) We have powerful symbonlozing capacities for cognitively creating models of experiences.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers