RELS 393 Lecture 4: 393.4

42 views7 pages

Document Summary

The solution to both is to restructure society according to ecological and ethical boundaries in order to dissolve both socio- economic and human-nature hierarchies. In many ways agrees with ricard"s assertion that an overemphasis with immediate pleasure brought about by consumerism is the issue and seeks to reinstill holistic values to combat environmental degradation. How buddhism would respond to these forms of ecology. Or, what aspects of buddhism can be used to construct an eco-buddhist philosophy? interconnectedness, karma: mindfulness, greed/anger/delusion, middle path , compassion/metta, non-attachment right view; intention, speech, action, livelihood, effort, concentration, mindfulness. Thai tree ordination: phrakhru pitak nanthakthun began ordaining" trees into the monastic order in the mid- Nuclear dharma: applying mindfulness and other buddhist values to the issue of nuclear waste, the tibetan community that i"ve been involved with invited me back to. India this past summer to instruct me in a practice that they consider important for dealing with the poison fire [nuclear waste].

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers