CLD 205 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Neocortex, Frontal Lobe, Emotion Classification

41 views2 pages

Document Summary

Five competencies : self-awareness, self-management, responsible decision making, relationship skills, social awareness. Primary basis emotion = basic, innate, universal. Mood: it"s not really a feeling, just kind of there, stays for a longer time. The feelings we get from affect can be from sensations. Emotion: are subjective feelings, emotion is not the same as cognition, cognition does always initiate emotion but they are sometimes linked. And how long do they last: expression: intensity is not correlated with expression of that emotion ex. I"m a little bit angry so i"m going to yell quietly, i"m pretty angry so i"m going to yell a little louder. (no not correlated: function: (cause sub. Complex: physiology: parts of our brain particularly the left frontal cortical lobes tend to be triggered when we experience those positive emotions but the right frontal cortical lobes are triggered of those negative emotions. The left side can"t tell us what we"re experiencing just if its positive or negative.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers