CLD 212 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Multicultural Education, Guided Imagery, Theory Of Multiple Intelligences

46 views4 pages

Document Summary

Diversity: the many ways people differ from one another. Culture: everything that potentially influences our lives and shapes our identities. Culturally competent: intentionally using behaviours to sensitively and responsively work with diverse families. Multicultural education: s(cid:272)hool or progra(cid:373) (cid:449)ide effort to (cid:373)ea(cid:374)i(cid:374)gfull(cid:455) i(cid:374)tegrate (cid:272)hildre(cid:374)"s home cultures into classroom & program or school setting. Nuclear families: married mother, father and biological children living in the same household. Blended family: adults and children who have become a family through cohabitation, close relationship, or remarriage. Extended family: relatives other than parents and siblings. Foster parents and families: relatives or non-relatives appointed as temporary guardians and ser(cid:448)e as the (cid:272)hild"s (cid:272)aretakers. Ra(cid:272)ial, eth(cid:374)i(cid:272), a(cid:374)d li(cid:374)guisti(cid:272) di(cid:448)ersit(cid:455) a(cid:373)o(cid:374)g toda(cid:455)"s fa(cid:373)ilies. Ethnicity: membership based on national origin or the national origin of ancestors. Any of the varied ways a person identifies themselves as part of identifiable group(s) Linguistic diversity: 21% of school-age children are dual language learners and 5% speak english with difficulty.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers