CLD 241 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Scientific Method, Differentiated Instruction, Motivation

44 views4 pages

Document Summary

That which precedes or comes before a behavior i. e. teacher slices apples: behaviour. Response of the individual i. e. child looks and says, i want apple: consequence that which follows a behaviour i. e. teacher hands child a slice of apple. Preventative discipline: a child-management procedure for arranging the environment in ways that reduce the occurrence of inappropriate behaviours and increase the occurrence of appropriate behaviors. Setting event: an event that influences the likelihood that an antecedent will trigger a behaviour. Aba and ibi: applied behaviour analysis: a scientific method in applying learning principles to improve social behaviours. It can be used in educational, work and treatment settings. Principles are used to understand why behaviours occur, teach new skills, and reduce inappropriate behaviours. Behaviour changes are carefully tracked and the resulting data is analyzed. Using the principles of aba, the goal is to for children to build skills up to a junior or senior kindergarten level: embedded learning opportunities.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers