CMN 313 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Op. Cit.

126 views3 pages

Document Summary

Ccmn313 lecture 9 and 10 - writing the report. Readability: easy for the reader to understand, attractive and inviting layout. Techniques: recognized layout, provide definitions for unfamiliar terms/concepts. Word choice: select words conveying the precise meaning of what you want to say. Concrete words (50 kg) versus abstract words (heavy). Familiar words in conversation, formal (no personal pronouns) style. Emphasis: reader must know what is important in the report. Give important ideas prominence (i. e. indent, point form, and summarize key points). Use tables for comparisons/detailed info about large number of variables. Organization: material in an effective, logical and recognizable manner. Organizing material: have an idea of what your final report will look like before research. Organizational plan: put shape to the gathered info. By criteria (i. e. assess choices by price/warranty/size), by time (i. e. Headings/outlining: looks like a report, forced to think about key components, guide reader"s focus, make transitions, see as broad integrated themes, digestible parts, visual, emphasis tool.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers