CRI 300 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Paradigm Shift, Mit Technology Review, Semiotics

48 views3 pages

Document Summary

Digital design studio week 4 part 2. (cid:862)a(cid:374)y for(cid:373) of (cid:374)o(cid:374)(cid:448)er(cid:271)al (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)i(cid:272)atio(cid:374) i(cid:374)(cid:448)ol(cid:448)i(cid:374)g tou(cid:272)h(cid:863) Haptic devices deal with the sense of touch. Ex. touch screen and buttons as input devices. Availability to move your hand or arm has a direct impact on the experience. Refers to the difficulty of using a website on a touchscreen device. The buttons are too small for the finger to press/touch. Problem not relevant when using a mouse, giving more precise control. Texture being the use of the buttons on the side of the phone, or the home button. Decrease the distance to the target and increase the size of the target. Fitts" la(cid:449: the size of the target, the distance between objects, ex. right-clicking on a word using ms word, the menu shows up right beside the word. There is a confusion between usability and usefulness. The quality of being of practical use.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers