CLD 213 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Curriculum Framework, Venn Diagram, Post-Structuralism

64 views4 pages

Document Summary

What we teach (pedagogy - how we teach) Often thought of as the ministry of educations curriculum document. Identify educational experiences related to purpose: organize those educational experiences, assess the meeting of objectives or purpose. Visions, beliefs, values, and principles related to teaching and learning. Curriculum framework: basis of curriculum, guide informs how we approach. Developmental theories: cha(cid:374)ges i(cid:374) (cid:272)hildre(cid:374)"s lear(cid:374)i(cid:374)g a(cid:374)d de(cid:448)elop(cid:373)e(cid:374)t o(cid:448)er ti(cid:373)e, piaget, montessori, gardner. Socio-cultural theories: central role of family and cultural group relationships, vygotsky, bruner, bronfenbrenner, malaguzzi (reggio) Socio-behaviourist theories: experien(cid:272)e i(cid:374) shapi(cid:374)g (cid:272)hildre(cid:374)"s (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iour, pavlov, skinner, bandura. Critical theories: challenge assumptions about curriculum and how they affect children, freire, habermas, giroux. Identity and upset power structures, open space for equity and social justice i. January 26, 2017 early childhood contexts: foucault, bourdieu, animating post-structuralism. All open to negotiation, critique, and change. Focus on children as active participants in learning and development. Centrality of play in learning and pleasure.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers