ECN 204 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Unemployment Benefits, Demand For Money, Aggregate Demand

32 views12 pages
17 Apr 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Readings: chapters 15 (please read the related topics from other introductory level of macroeconomics textbooks for your own benefits). You have to make your own note from lecture. Chapter 15 the influence of monetary and fiscal policy on aggregate demand. In this chapter, look for the answers to these questions: Aggregate demand: recall, the ad curve slopes downward for three reasons, the wealth effect, the interest-rate effect, the exchange-rate effect, next: A supply-demand model that helps explain the interest-rate effect and how monetary policy affects aggregate demand. Page 1 of 12: the variables that influence money demand: Money demand: suppose real income (y) rises. Households want to buy more g&s, so they need more money. To get this money, they attempt to sell some of their bonds. I. e. , an increase in y causes an increase in money demand, other things equal. A c t i v e l e a r n i n g 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers