NPF 504 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Sodagreen, Orson Welles, Gramophone Record

40 views6 pages

Document Summary

Npf 504 week 3: mass media (cid:862)the wo(cid:396)k of a(cid:396)t i(cid:374) the age of me(cid:272)ha(cid:374)i(cid:272)al ep(cid:396)odu(cid:272)tio(cid:374)(cid:863) (cid:271)(cid:455) walte(cid:396) be(cid:374)ja(cid:373)i(cid:374) Manmade artifacts could always be imitated by men: replicas were made by pupils in practice of their craft, by. In principle, a work of art has always been reproducible masters for diffusing their works, by third parties in pursuit of personal gain. Mechanical reproduction of a work of art represents something new. With the woodcut, graphic art became mechanically reproducible for the first time. The greeks knew only 2 procedures of technically reproducing art: founding and stamping: there was also engraving, etching, lithography. Lithography permitted graphic art for the first time to put its products on the market: enabled graphic art to illustrate everyday life and keep pace with printing. Since the eye perceives more swiftly than the hand can draw, the process of pictorial reproduction was accelerated so much that it could keep pace with speech.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers